Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Do You Like Money?


http://americanscreenwriters.com/Howdy, fellow scribes,

I'm pleased to announce that I've joined the American Screenwriters Association editorial board. This means I'll be writing new original content for the ASA blog every month (which we will link to here as well.)

As many of you know, I was the agents/managers expert for Script magazine as well as wrote the Agents Hot Sheet column for Creative Screenwriting for a decade. So it's exciting to have a new outlet, since there's a lot going on out there which I feel the need to grouse about -- and I still see screenwriters making the same damn mistakes over and over. Sigh.

My first article for ASA is called DO YOU LIKE MONEY?, and you can read it right here. It's about the changing shape of the marketplace, the emergence of TV as the new marketplace for emerging writers, and how YOU can get a piece of it. Bounce on over to American Screenwriters Association and check it out. You may also want to consider signing up while you're there!

To paraphrase a certain ballsy young meth cook: I'm back, bitch!

Cheers,

Jim C.
www.coverageink.com


www.coverageink.com



No comments: