Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Quarterfinalists Coming In...


Hello, Stormies!

Just a quick update to tell you all that we are in the last stages of reading all the submissions to Writers on the Storm and will have the quarterfinalists posted on Friday 5/25. Those of you who entered through Coverage Ink already know if you made it to the QF round or not.

I'm not sure why, but the overall quality of all the submissions this year seems to have gone up. Maybe it's because you all are rewriting and honing these things more than ever -- I hope so! Whatever the reason, it's encouraging. I remember the first contest I ever worked for, I'd pick up a box of scripts and we'd be lucky if there was one in there worth advancing. With Writers on the Storm, we have the opposite problem!

More soon, so sit tight. And great work, everybody!

--Portia Jefferson
WOTS Contest Coordinator

No comments: